October 2013 marked the date we went from being a backyard bird barn to a full- scale sanctuary. Over the past five years Cape Fear Parrot Sanctuary has taken in hundreds of abused, neglected, and/or unwanted birds. We have constructed numerous large scale aviaries where these beautiful creatures can live out there natural lives in flocks, eating healthy food and receiving medical care when needed.
Over the past ten (10) years our vision for growth and continued care includes:
- Purchasing five (5) acre plot of land on which the sanctuary is currently located.
- Putting up a fence for safety and security.
- Installing a septic system and well.
- Further equipping our on-site veterinarian clinic.
- Constructing an on-site restroom.
- Constructing housing for on-site care taker.
- Constructing an on-site office.
- Expanding our educational and outreach programs.
Purchasing the land on which the sanctuary currently exists so that everything else is our ten (10) year plan will become a reality is our first step. We want to be good stewards of the land and the land is crucial for our continued efforts and mission.
We have until spring 2019 to secure $25,000 in funding to purchase the land. Our deadline to reach our goal is April 15, 2019.
If you are interested in donating to Cape Fear Parrot Sanctuary so that we can purchase the land we currently reside on, you may do so by following one of the two steps below.
- Send via PayPal to email@example.com
- Mail check payable to Cape Fear Parrot Sanctuary to 6515 Old Fort Road, Wilmington, NC 28411.
Cape Fear Parrot Sanctuary is a 501c3 non profit organization, so all your donations will be tax deductible. Please help us celebrate our 5 year milestone by assisting us reach further goals!